A 2 pound notebook powerhouse has been unveiled by Apple with their all-new MacBook, reinvented in every way to deliver the thinnest and lightest Mac ever. Every component of the new MacBook has been meticulously redesigned to create a Mac that weighs just two pounds and is 13.1 mm thin. And, for the first time, MacBook is available in three gorgeous aluminum finishes—gold, silver and space gray.
“Apple has reinvented the notebook with the new MacBook, and at just two pounds and 13.1 mm, it’s the thinnest and lightest Mac ever,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “Every component of the MacBook reveals a new innovation. From its fanless design, ultra-thin Retina display and full-size keyboard that’s 34 percent thinner, to its all-new Force Touch trackpad, versatile USB-C port and breakthrough terraced battery design, the new MacBook is the future of the notebook.”
Measuring just 13.1 mm at its thickest point, the new MacBook design is an amazing 24 percent thinner than the 11-inch MacBook Air featuring:
- No moving parts or vents, designed from the ground up to be the first fanless Mac notebook for silent, efficient performance.
- New fifth-generation Intel Core M processor that runs at just 5 watts and Intel HD Graphics 5300.
- New precision-milled unibody enclosure featuring integrated Wi-Fi antennas and a top case with polished stainless steel Apple logo.
- 35 percent more battery capacity with up to 9 hours of wireless web browsing and up to 10 hours of iTunes® movie playback.
- Stream content from your MacBook to your HDTV using AirPlay, exchanging files quickly using AirDrop, or using wireless headphones.
- Wireless technologies, including built-in 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 for fast wireless connectivity.
- A comfortable keyboard is essential to the Mac experience and the new MacBook is designed around an all-new full-size keyboard.
- New stainless steel dome switches located beneath each key deliver a crisp and responsive feel when typing, and every key on the new keyboard is individually backlit with its own single LED to deliver precisely calibrated, uniform brightness behind each keycap.
- The most compact logic board ever in a Mac, measuring an amazing 67 percent smaller than the logic board of the 11-inch MacBook Air.
- Three elegant finishes—gold, silver and space gray—and is the first MacBook with an all-metal enclosure.
The features of the 12-inch Retina display are:
- A 16:10 aspect ratio.
- 0.88 mm thin, the Retina display on this new MacBook is the thinnest display ever on a Mac.
- Larger aperture for each pixel, yet uses 30 percent less energy than existing Mac notebook Retina displays, while delivering the same level of brightness.
- Resolution of 2304 x 1440, text, photos and movies come to life with astounding clarity.
MacBook also features the all-new Force Touch trackpad that brings a new dimension of interactivity to the Mac:
- Built-in force sensors that allow you to click anywhere and haptic feedback that provides a responsive and uniform feel.
- You can customize the feel of the trackpad by changing the amount of pressure needed to register each click.
- Force Touch trackpad enables a new gesture called Force Click, a click followed by a deeper press, for tasks like pulling up the definition of a word, quickly seeing a map or glancing at a preview of a file.