Celebrity hairstylist Kristin Heitkotter gave brazilian model and designer Camila Alves a glamorous deconstructed French braid chignon for the 2015 Golden Globe Awards. “Camila has really curly hair and with the humidity in Los Angeles today, we wanted to make sure her hair stayed frizz-free,” said Heitkotter.
Recreate this look with Heitkotter’s step-by-step breakdown:
- Layer damp hair with new John Frieda Frizz Ease Beyond Smooth Frizz Immunity Primer and John Frieda Frizz Ease Straight Fixation Styling Crème to ensure her hair looked as smooth and silky as possible. Using a paddle brush, she dried her hair to remove moisture and gave her a voluminous blow out.
- Part hair into 4 sections and apply John Frieda Heat Defeat Protecting Spray before flat ironing each section to smoothen her mane. You can also apply a bit of the John Frieda Frizz Ease Nourishing Oil Elixir on your hair line to assure there were no flyaways.
- Apply a few drops of John Frieda Frizz Ease Original Six Effects Serum and run it through your ends to keep it frizz free.
- Divide the hair into four sections and twisted each section, loosely creating a deconstructed French braid chignon.
- With hair pins, tuck the ends under, securing them in place.
- To lock the look in place, spray John Frieda Frizz Ease Kerafirm Firm Hold Hairspray.